Childhood and training
Lina Ghotmeh, born in 1980 in Beirut, is a Franco-Lebanese architect who practices in Paris.
She grew up in Beirut after the Lebanese civil war .
In 2003, she graduated from the American University of Beirut . During her studies, she received the Areen Prize for her diploma project and the Azar Prize during her studies.
She left Lebanon to collaborate with the Ateliers Jean Nouvel in Paris and with Norman Foster in London.
Between 2007 and 2015, she taught at the architecture studio as an associate professor at the Special School of Architecture and obtained during this same period the diploma of architecture by equivalence.
In 2016, Lina Ghotmeh created her studio Lina Ghotmeh — Architecture (LG—A) , in Paris, in the 11th 16th arrondissement . His agency has 25 employees with cosmopolitan profiles. In the same year, she was nominated for the Mies Van der Rohe Award and won the 2016 Afex Grand Prize for the Estonian National Museum project that she realized with Dorell Ghotmeh Tane / Architects ( d ) (DGT) co-founded in 2006 with Dan Dorell ( d ) and Tsuyoshi Tane 21after winning the contest for the National Museum in Estonia.
In 2016, she won the Dejean Prize from the Academy of Architecture to reward research in architecture .
In 2017, the Museum obtained the “Estonian Architecture Award” and in 2018 the museum obtained the EMYA prize.
In 2021, she obtains the Tamayouz prize. “Woman of Outstanding Achievement” Award.
Passionate about wood construction, Lina Ghotmeh is committed to designing from this multiple and living material . One of these construction projects for a wooden tower was selected by the city of Nantes in 2017 . His workshop is also carrying out the Refeeding Masséna project, the winning project of the call for innovative projects from the city of Paris and the construction of low-carbon housing for the athletes’ village for the 2024 Olympic Games in Paris.
- 2015: The Oiso House
- 2016: The National Museum of Estonia
- 2017: Restaurant Les Grands Verres at the Palais de Tokyo in Paris 16th
- 2017: GreenHouse at Domaine du BoisBuchet
- 2018: Patrick Roger shop
- 2019: The Okura Tokyo
- 2020: The Stone Garden Tower
- 2021: Passive building to house the new Hermès leather goods factory in Normandy.
- 2021: Wooden tower in Paris called Realiment Masséna
- 2021: Urban Dance – National Choreography Center of Tours
- 2021: Wooden accommodation for the athletes of the 2024 Paris Olympic Games, in Saint Denis
- 2021: Rehabilitation of the base of the Maine Montparnasse tower
In addition to architecture , Lina Ghotmeh realizes with Dorell Ghotmeh Tane / Architects (DGT) scenographies including that of the Parisian exhibition of the great Japanese master Hokusai , at the Grand Palais , in 2015 .
In 2017, she produced the scenography for Wonder Lab, an exhibition in Tokyo whose client is the Tokyo National Museum . And in 2019, she repeated the operation for the Wonder Lab in Beijing on behalf of the Beijing National Museum.
Lina Ghotmeh intervenes on subjects concerning ecological architecture, such as during the round table organized by the French and Swiss daily newspapers, namely Le Monde et le Temps, on the question “Can nature humanize the city? ».
Or even on the archeology of the future.
Lina Ghotmeh is one of the architects convinced that the pandemic will have a direct influence on the new way of designing projects.
- 2008: 2007‐08 AJAP Prize from the Ministry of Culture and Communication 17 , 54
- 2016: Dejean
- 2016: Afex Grand Prix
- 2019: Pierre Cardin Prize
- 2020: Nomination Schelling Architecture Prize
- 2020: Tamayouz Prize
American University of Beirut
Special School of Architecture
- Milena Chessa, “ “The impact of the explosion on the city of Beirut is total”, Lina Ghotmeh, architect ” [ archive ] , at https://www.lemoniteur.fr [ archive ] ,
- ” Lina Ghotmeh, archaeologist of the future “, Knowledge of the Arts , ( read online [ archive ] , accessed).
- Maryse Quinton, ” Meeting: Lina Ghotmeh, architect and archaeologist of the future ” [ archive ] , at https://ideat.thegoodhub.com [ archive ] ,
- Luc Le Chatelier, ” The Stone Garden tower of the architect Lina Ghotmeh, unshakable witness of a bruised Beirut ” [ archive ] , on https://www.telerama.fr [ archive ] ,
- ” Lina Ghotmeh , the interview: “Wouldn’t be absurd to build a glass skyscraper in Beirut?” » [ archive ] (consulted on)
- “ Voix In(é)dites ● Interview #2 with Lina Ghotmeh ” [ archive ] , on maisonarchitecture-idf.org (consulted on)
- ” Areen Projects Award for Excellence In Architecture and Graphic Design ” [ archive ] , at www.aub.edu.lb (accessed on)
- ” Fawzi W. Azar Award (Established in 1996) ” [ archive ] , at www.aub.edu.lb (accessed on)
- “ Doha High Rise Office Tower ” [ archive ] , on Ateliers Jean Nouvel (consulted on)
- (en) Aidan Imanova, “ id50 2021: Celebrating contributions to design and architecture across the Middle East: Lina Ghotmeh ” [ archive ] , at identity.ae ,
- ” Nuit Blanche 2012 – “Stellar Illuminations” – Special School of Architecture ” [ archive ] , on www.esa-paris.fr (consulted on)
- ” S6 Workshop at the Convent of La Tourette – Special School of Architecture ” [ archive ] , on www.esa-paris.fr (consulted on)
- ” Archimorphosis – Special School of Architecture ” [ archive ] , on www.esa-paris.fr (consulted on)
- Edited by the École Spéciale, “ Speciale, p.4 ” [ archive ] (consulted on)
- ” Happy New Year 2013, footer ” [ archive ] , on ecole89.rssing.com (accessed on)
- ” Agency portrait ” [ archive ] , on archistorm.com ,
- European House of Architecture – Upper Rhine, ” Architecture Days 2020 / Large Lina Ghotmeh Conference ” [ archive ] , on m-ea.eu (consulted on)
- “ Prix Pierre Cardin 2019 ” [ archive ] , on academiedesbeauxarts.fr (consulted on)
- Carla Henoud, ” Lina Ghotmeh: Living with ruins, I know that… “, L’Orient-Le Jour , ( read online [ archive ] , accessed).
- AFEX, Paris, ” Grand Prix AFEX 2016 ” [ archive ] , on www.afex.fr ,
- ” Architects & technical data ” [ archive ] , at www.erm.ee , (consulted the)
- ” Academy of Architecture ” [ archive ] , on academie-architecture.fr (consulted on)
- ” Winners of the Estonian Architecture Awards 2017 announced!” – ESL ” [ archive ] , at www.esl.ee (consulted on)
- (en) NEMO-The Network of European Museum Organisations , ” Winners of the European Museum of the Year Award 2018 ” [ archive ] , sur NEMO – The Network of European Museum Organizations (consulted on)
- May Makarem, “ Lina Ghotmeh consecrated “Woman with exceptional achievements” ”, L’Orient-Le Jour , ( read online [ archive ] , accessed).
- Laetitia Van Eeckhout, ” Lina Ghotmeh, architect: “Building in wood means inhabiting the living” ” [ archive ] , on https://www.lemonde.fr [ archive ] ,
- Antoine Judit, ” A building with swimming pool in the heart of Nantes ” [ archive ] , on https://www.alouette.fr [ archive ] ,
- Dorell Ghotmeh Tane, ” Refuel Massena from DGT “ , su architizer.com ,
- Luc Le Chatelier, “ The architect Lina Ghotmeh, doctor in building ”, Télérama , ( read online [ archive ] , accessed).
- ” Between Babel and Lucullus, the tower of Lina Ghotmeh will sit enthroned in the heart of Paris “, L’Orient-Le Jour , ( read online [ archive ] , accessed).
- « SSE 2024 | #SOLIDEO – Kick-off of work on the Olympic structures ” [ archive ] (consulted on)
- ” Start of work for the 2024 Paris Olympics ” [ archive ] , on Les Echos , (consulted the)
- ” Dominique Perrault Architecture – The Olympic Village on the move / Atelier 1 ” [ archive ] , on www.perraultarchitecture.com (consulted on)
- (en) ” A house for oiso ” [ archive ] (consulted on)
- ” Interview: Lina Ghotmeh discusses architecture as history ‘s great narrator ” , su round-city.com ,
- Eric Le Mitouard, ” Paris: at the Palais de Tokyo, a reinvented palace for the taste buds ” [ archive ] , on leparisien.fr/ , Le Parisien ,
- muuuz magazine, ” Lina Ghotmeh: Restaurant du Palais de Tokyo ” [ archive ] , at https://www.muuuz.com [ archive ] ,
- Sébastien Chabas, ” At the Palais de Tokyo, a new raw and chic restaurant ” [ archive ] , su batiactu.com ,
- (en) ” A Green House ” [ archive ] , on boisbuchet.org (consulted on)
- Nolwenn Le Boeuf, ” New Patrick Roger boutique in Paris by architect Lina Ghotmeh ” [ archive ] , sur avivremagazine.fr ,
- City of Paris, ” Six Parisian shops awarded for their design ” [ archive ] , sur paris.fr ,
- Lara Rinaldi, “ Commerce: 3 design ideas to improve the customer experience ” [ archive ] , su business.lesechos.fr/ ,
- AA, ” Confiné.es: Lina Ghotmeh ” [ archive ] , on larchitecturedactualité.fr ,
- (ja) ” The Okura Tokyo ” [ archive ] , at epk.co.jp (accessed)
- Jean-Christophe LALAY, “ Luxury. Hermès will manufacture Norman saddles ” [ archive ] , on https://www.ouest-france.fr [ archive ] ,
- “ Can nature humanize the city? “A Le Monde Cities and “Le Temps” conference in Geneva ” [ archive ] , on https://www.lemonde.fr [ archive ] ,
- Christine Berkovicius, ” Tours Lina Ghotmeh makes the choreographic center dance ” [ archive ] , on lemoniteur.fr ,
- Basile Delacorne, ” Vinci in turn launches the works of the Athletes’ Village ” [ archive ] , on batiactu.com ,
- CL, ” Redevelopment of the Maine-Montparnasse district: the winning project unveiled ” [ archive ] , on batiweb.com ,
- Sibylle Vincendon, ” Town planning: In Paris, the Montparnasse tower will be linked to the rue de Rennes ” [ archive ] , sur liberation.fr ,
- GS, ” THE PEDESTRIAN, AT THE HEART OF THE REDEVELOPMENT OF MAINE-MONTPARNASSE ” [ archive ] , on lemoniteur.fr , Le Moniteur ,
- Divisare , ” Hokusai in Paris from DGT “ , su divisare.com ,
- Isabelle ARNAUD, ” N°21 Dossier: Museum lighting ” [ archive ] , on filiere-3e.fr ,
- Mirros, “ THE 2018 COMMITTEE, Quality above all! [ archive ] , at libnanews.com ,
- National Institute of Crafts, ” Wonder Lab at the National Museum of China in Beijing. » [ archive ] , on https://www.maitredart.fr [ archive ] (consulted on)
- Lina Ghotmeh, architect, Paris, “ The archeology of the future: traces and environments: ” [ archive ] , on https://www.citedelarchitecture.fr [ archive ] ,
- ” The Venice Biennale, Twice Delayed, Takes On New Relevance ” [ archive ] , at https://www.nytimes.com [ archive ] , New York Times ,
- ” Schelling Architecture Awards 2020 ” [ archive ] , at schelling-architekturpreis.org (accessed on )
- (en) ” Tamayouz announces the winners of the women in architecture and construction awards 2020 ” [ archive ] , sur tamayouz-award.com